| Thomas B. Goad, c1767 - , prob s/o William Goad
author: Michael D. Nestor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
224 Thomas B. Goad,4 ? 22 (William,3,John,2,Abraham,1)
b ca 1767 Bedford Co, Va; d prior 1820.
m 28 Nov 1805 Bedford Co, Va to Sarah (Sally) Towler, b 1760's, d/o Joseph Towler and Frances Dixon.
1820 Pittsylvania Co, Va census, p 825, Salley Goard, 000000-32001.
1830 Pittsylvania Co, Va census, p 342, Salley Gourd, 0000-000300001.
1. John Jack Goad, b 1806, d 11 Apr 1821. (Sally Goad's "Jack", acc to Winston Dalton's journal)
2. Matilda Goad, b ca 1808 Va, m 14 Oct 1826 Pittsylvania Co to Benjamin Rice, b ca 1805 Ky, d 29 Jan 1888 Carter Co, Ky,
s/o Benjamin Rice and Elizabeth Tinsley. Matilda was d/o Sarah Goad acc to marr rec, and surety was William Bobbitt.
1850 Greenup Co, Ky census, Dist 2, p 188, #442/442, Benjamin Rice,45 Va, laborer, Matilda,42 Va, Abdolla,22 Ky, lab-
orer, Thomas,21 Ky, laborer, Eliza,18 Ky, Elizabeth,14 Ky, Juli Ann,12 Ky, Polly,10 Ky, William,7 Ky, Samuil,4 Ky,
a. Harriett Rice, b ca 1848 Ky, m Harrison Gearheart, b 1840 Catlettsburg, "Boyd" Co, Ky (Greenup Co then), d 28 May
1895, s/o Richard Gearheart and Rachel Hale.
(1) Benjamin Franklin (Ben) Gearheart, b 22 Feb 1870 Olive Hill, Carter Co, d 2 Aug 1929 Carter Co, age "58", m
Celia B. Moore, b 12 Jul 1865 Ironton, Lawrence Co, Ohio, d 23 Jul 1944, d/o Asbury Albert Moore (s/o Nimrod
Moore and Jane Vaughan) and Catherine Dowling Hill.
1900 Elliott Co, Ky census, Sinking Pct, ED 21, sheet 8B, #137/138, Benjamin F. Gearheart, Feb 1871 Ky, farmer,
Celia B., Jun 1866 Ohio (marr 9 yrs, 4 ch, 4 living), Walter W., Dec 91 Ky, Harrett C., Oct 93 Ky, Bertha A.,
Apr 96 Ky, William B., Sep 98 Ky, Cora Moore, Mar 72 Ohio, servant.
(a) Bertha Agnes (Berthie) Gearheart, b Apr 1896 Ky, d 11 Jan 1977 Carter Co, age "81" (not in SSDI), m Cor-
bit Sullivan (Corb) Stevens, b 6 Aug 1891 Ky (b Sep 1892 acc to 1900 census), d 13 Nov 1965 Boyd Co, Ky,
age "73" (SSDI 400-09-2282 Ky), s/o Ida May Cline Stephens (b May 1875 Ky, and wid by 1900), d/o Levi W.
and Alsea (Alcy) Cline (of Elliott Co in 1900, and of Darke Co, Ohio in 1880).
1920 Carter Co census, Upper Tygart Dist, ED 65, sheet 8B, #135/135, Carb Stevens,28 Ky, farmer, own farm,
Berthie,23 Ky, Ida,6 Ky, Thearl,1 1/12 Ky, Pearlie Roberts,31 Ky (wid, stepgrand mo), William Cheeks,
13 Ky (stepbro), Delma Cline,5 Ky (stepuncle), Elinor Roberts,2 Ky (stepbro).
1. Ida Stevens, b 1 Nov 1914 Ky, d 14 Sep 1984 Akron, Summit Co, Ohio, m 1 Feb 1932 Rowan Co, Ky to
Chester Lee Clemens, b 24 May 1912 Lawton, Carter Co, Ky, d 24 Mar 2002 Mansfield, Richland Co, Ohio,
s/o Richard Lee Clemens and Fannie Collier (d/o John Beauregard Collier (#1523)).
3. Nancy Goad, m 9 Apr 1825 Pittsylvania Co to David Wallis. She was d/o Sarah Goad acc to marr rec, and surety was Jesse
1793 Wythe Co, Va petition, signed by David and Robert Wallis.
4. Mary Goad.
5. Tabitha Goad.
Note: Bluford/Buford Goad (#22234), b ca 1810, m Sophia Turley. His relationship to the Goad family is unproven, but he
may be the son of Abraham Goad (#2223), who had an unidentified son in the 1820 census. Bluford's son William Riley
Goad may have been named for Abraham's son William R. Goad.
Ref: 1. Kenneth Haas' notes.
2. Wanda June Goad Worland's notes, Mike Goad's website.
3. Betty Demming's email: Bld39@aol.com
(granddau of Ida Stevens, above)
4. Tara Watkins' notes at www.rootsweb.com, email: Mowery25@aol.com